The Top-Box™ is used in combination with the OceanPack™ Underway System to measure Air-CO2. The connection is carried out with a data line via the ship-LAN or radio. The problematic air duct dispenses. Both parameters are measured parallelly.
The Top-Box™ is equipped with a LI-COR® analyzer for scientific use. The analyzer is ready installed and configured.
External probe heads, such as meteorology or a GPS autonomously from the ship, can be installed additionally.
The Top-Box™ is rugged and easy to maintain. It has been used successfully in extremely rough seas and in Arctic temperatures of up to -40°C.
- Independent Air-CO2 analyzer without the need of an extra air tube to the main (e.g. OceanPack™) underway system
- Complete, flexible and easy to maintain
- Handy design: small size and low weight, can be operated on small vessels
- No or little post-processing necessary
- No difficult setup required: quick and easy installation (just connect power/data, water in/out)
- Our exclusive cooperation with LI-COR® Biosciences guarantees the latest technology
- Best accuracy and long-time stability
- Can be operated unattended
- Easy handling: intuitively usable design, easy service procedures
- Ready to run: low initial and running costs
- The LI-COR® pCO2 analyzer is already included and fully configured
- Robust Air-Intake module, can be flooded by waves or spray up to 30sec
- Built in SmartDI® data logger, optional with 8” touch-screen for easy diagnostic
- The data logger marks data automatically with quality flags
- Auto-zeroing calibration for high-accuracy and long-time operations, e.g. once per day (configurable)
- Easy integration of multiple instruments at once using the SmartDI® data management system. These instruments are for instance LI-COR analyzers, TriOS fluorometer, meteorological sensors, and many more
- Model MK-2: specially adapted LI-COR LI-840x analyzer
- Model MK-3: specially adapted LI-COR LI-7200x analyzer
- Complete Sea-Air-Exchange (SAE) analysis with the Top-Box™ Air-CO2 analyzer
- Independent GPS receiver and geo-referencing of all data
- Online telemetry data transfer and alarm services
- Up to 3 gas inputs for e.g. 2 span gases and 1 reference gas can be installed
- OceanView™ DataServer running on a Windows® PC
- Externally accessible RS-485 Bus extension to connect a wide range of devices such as meteorological sensors, pumps or valves
Our standard OceanPack™ analyzers:
|Complete Top-Box™ MK3 with high-end LI-7200x analyzer, IMU motion sensor (bottom left), GPS (on top), meteorological inputs (bottom) and SmartDI™ DataLogger unit (bottom right)||Small Top-Box™ MK2 with LI-840x analyzer, SmartDI™ DataLogger and GPS (on top) installed|
|Air-Intake box with heater and spray protection installed on board of the POLARSTERN during 18 months Antarctic mission with temperatures of up to -35°C||Top-Box™ with LI-7200x analyzer installed on board of the POLARSTERN during an 18 months Antarctic mission|
|Tiny Top-Box™ with embedded data acquisition module - here for PAR radiation and other meteorological sensors only||Calibration and diagnostic control elements for the Top-Box™ and OceanPack™ pCO2 analyzer. A PC monitor and keyboard can be connected. The calibration for zero and optionally span1 and span2 can be performed manually|